Signing up your organization to be an ECSI Education Center is quick, simple, and completely free: * Wait 1-2 business days whilst checking your application. Once accepted, you’ll receive an e-mail saying that your account is active (1 business day). * Choose an educational program that is convenient to you. ECSI offers several different programs for K-12, high school, college and University education. * Choose a program that fits in with your state’s requirements. Requirements vary from state to state.
- Evaluate your needs. Do you need only one grade point average? How many employees will you have? Does your state require that you submit proof of continuing education annually or can you self-submit it?
- Ask for referrals. Referrals are a valuable asset when looking for a learning center. Learning centers typically offer student support services, such as: * Registration assistance. Referrals can get your questions answered quickly and save you from wasting time with unproductive searches.
- Demonstration videos. A video can help you learn how students work inside an actual learning environment. Watch how instructors go about teaching and see for yourself how a typical class works. This can help you decide whether a center has a typical setup for its students.
- Online courses. Are you interested in finding an education center that offers online courses? ECSI offers online courses in a variety of disciplines. Try an associate’s degree if you’re looking for general education training, certification, adult education, or special education training. An associate’s degree normally takes two years to complete.
- Centers focus on one topic. Certain education center choices specialize in certain areas. For example, there are education programs for people who want to become teachers. If you’re interested in a career as a teacher, check out the available programs at the centers you visit. Certain areas have programs by specific teachers, depending on the subject you’re studying.
- Check out center reviews. Look up consumer reviews online for education center options. Learn what students and professionals have to say about the different centers and what they found most helpful. Do not simply rely on information from your local area.
Once you’ve narrowed down your search, call each center. Make sure to ask if the programs offered address your particular education needs. Ask if they have programs that address the learning styles you’re using, such as: visual, auditory, kinesthetic, experiential, creative, or pragmatic. Determine if they offer programs that help you prepare for certification exams and what requirements you must meet to apply.
- Ask about distance education. Many education centers offer degree and certificate programs online. However, some only offer part-time education, so you may not be able to attend all of the classes, on which you’re eligible to receive your degree. This is important to consider if you’re unable to take traditional courses.
- Ask about the program length. Some education centers offer a one-term program, which is usually shorter than the full term. Others will allow you to complete your studies in as little as eight weeks. Consider how much time you can allocate for your studies and what your goals are. Part-time education centers are also more affordable.
- Find out if education centers accept federal funding. Contact every education center you’re considering and find out if they accept the federal funding for various degree and certificate programs. Find out if you’ll need to submit a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to receive financial aid. The cost of tuition varies from school to school, and you should shop around to find out which school offers the most affordable tuition. Also ask about scholarships, bursaries, and grants, if available.
- Check out what kinds of independent study are offered at the education center. Some offer associate degrees, certificate programs, and one or two master’s degrees. Be sure that the courses are accredited and that you can follow a particular path within the institution. For example, you might want a one-year program that allows you to be certified in psychology if that’s a field of interest for you.
Education centers are a great way to further your education if you have an eye for the curriculum and the challenges facing people in today’s world. With the many options available, you shouldn’t have a hard time finding the right center to meet your needs. Look into programs offered at a local community college, high school, or online center to find the most appropriate program for you. With a little bit of effort, you can get the education you need to become successful.